PELLTA-US Embassy Grant For Teachers
The PELLTA-US Embassy conference grant is an outreach programme which aims to foster the professional development of English language teachers serving far away from the cities by sponsoring their attendance at the 9th PELLTA International English Language Teaching Conference (iELT-Con) 2019 from 17 - 19 April 2019 at Bayview Hotel, George Town, Penang.
This grant covers the conference fees and accommodation for 14 teachers on a twin sharing basis for three nights at the conference venue.
The grant is open to all English language teachers who fulfill the following criteria:
- serving in a school 30 km. or more from George Town or from any other capital city of a state in Malaysia
- currently teaching English in the school
- trained teacher working under the Ministry of Education Malaysia
- Malaysian citizen
Applications are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- your reasons for wishing to attend iELT-Con 2019
- evidence of your commitment to teaching English
- the benefit that attending iELT-Con 2019 will bring to you, your students and other teachers in your community
Sunday, 7 April 2019 : Application is now closed.