9TH. INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING CONFERENCE
"English Language Learning & Teaching in The Digital Era"
The 21st century is an era of great digital advancements and many children start school technologically literate. Such developments bring challenges to educators and an increasing awareness of the importance of the English language as a global language, the language of the internet, the language of social media. Indeed, the world of English language teaching has seen much of these advancements incorporated into the classroom, exploiting an environment where the 21st century learner feels very much at home. However, are teachers simply jumping on the bandwagon or harnessing the benefits of educational and social technology?
To this end, iELT-Con 2019 aims to provide a platform for the English language teaching (ELT) community across the globe to discuss and explore the following questions : What does teaching and learning in the digital era mean to ELT practitioners, researchers, policy makers, curriculum designers, material designers? What implications are there for teaching & learning? Are there new practices and innovations to facilitate teaching and learning in the digital era?
- Language learning and technology
- Multiliteracies, digital literacies & ELT
- Digitally powered classrooms
- Creativity & innovation in ELT
- Language teacher education
- Inclusive education
- Differentiated teaching & learning
- Research in ELT
- Alternative assessment in ELT
- Professional learning communities
- Literature and language arts in ELT
- ELT & intercultural communication
- English for specific purposes
- Material selection, adaptation & production
- Managing the 21st century language classroom
PELLTA-US Embassy Grant For Teachers : Click here for the list of grant recipients.
All presenters have to register by 15 March 2019 to confirm presentation slot.